Monday, December 15, 2008

Jon Mark Fletcher/cello banjo

Here's a little something different for Banjoquest this week. Jon Mark Fletcher of "All Night Cookin" bluegrass band in NYC www.myspace.com/allnightcookin (visiting his folks who are my neighbors)--dropped by a few minutes to try out my cello banjo. He plays a little Bach and a little bit of Leather Britches. It's not clawhammer--but this is the first time I've recorded my cello since it's been set up a few weeks ago--and Jon Mark's style does show off its pretty tone too. Jon is an awesome banjoist that you may never get a chance to hear unless you live in NYC. Also, for all you strict frailers and clawhammerers--here's a short video of me playing "Snowdrop." The banjo is my Deering John Hartford fretless and I'm sitting in John Warren's pasture in Cashiers, NC. :)

No comments: