Friday, January 29, 2010

Banjoquest 2010

How did Banjoquest start? Several years ago I began taping short "in the field" videos of old time style Florida banjo players that I met at festivals and gatherings. There were some excellent ones and my intent was to put together a DVD of each playing a tune. The project began well, but it was too overwhelming in time and finances for me to finish, so the tapes sat and I became involved in other projects. Then Youtube came along! And I kept taping informal short videos of banjo players in other states. My husband also taped me playing my different banjos in different parts of the country. So I decided to go ahead and put up all these videos in one place and call it "Banjoquest". I'll begin with some fairly recent videos, but put up more and more of the older film as I have time to sift through it and load it to Youtube and this wesite.

1 comment:

B. Kramer said...

Hi Mary, I look forward to seeing more of your videos. They provide great motivation as I continue learning the banjo. Cheers!