Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Foggy Dew/ Tune of the week for BHO


Here's a short video of Foggy Dew that I taped today in my living room for this week's Tuna the week for Banjo Hangout.
http://banjohangout.org
This has become a regular thread on BHO and different folks take turns presenting an interesting tune each week.
I've been tabbing a simple version of Foggy Dew all week and hope to have it ready to put up at BHO soon along with a link to this video.
I decided to upload it to Banjoquest instead of Youtube because the sound and resolution are a little bit better when I upload to blogger.
In this video, I'm playing my 12" Chuck Lee Custom banjo. It has the Tony Pass ancient wood rim, real skin head, Texas style scoop, and Bill Keith tuning gears.
It has a colored inlay on the peghead of the girl in the moon playing the banjo with a basset hound floating on a cloud beside her.It is a sweet sounding banjo and I have been playing it almost every day since October--just to hear its voice. :)
To see more details about my banjo, visit Chuck's page.
http://www.leebanjos.com/cox.html

No comments: